Dashcommand ODB II On-Board Computer Scanner
Find out why your check-engine light is on and clear Diagnostic Trouble Codes
Dashcommand is an app for iPhones that have iOS version 5 or later installed. It
is available from the iTunes App store by searching on DashCommand. There are also
similar apps for Android phones.
It seems the iPhone apps are getting more and more sophisticated as each version of the
iPhone is released.
Dashcommand is an app that can read OBD II information directly from your vehicles on-board
Just as you can go to an auto store and have them check the reason your check engine light
has come on, this app does the same thing and much more.
Plug the OBD2 scanner hardware into your vehicles OBD2 interface which is located under the dash.
Start the App on your phone and the scanner will communicate wirelessy with the App.
The scanner communicates with your iPhones Dashcommand software in real-time,
reading the data coming from the on-board engine computer.
You can find out why your check-engine light is on and clear diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs)
- Data logging, record and playback log files showing OBD-II and acceleration data
Requires iOS 5.0 or later.
Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. App is optimized for iPhone 5.
Some Additional Features are:
- Professional skidpad showing lateral and accel/braking Gs with min/max indicators
- Race track visually maps out your location, acceleration and braking as you drive
laps around the track allows
you to visually analyze different race track laps to see how acceleration
and braking changed from lap to lap
thus helping you to improve your lap times on your next outing.
- Inclinometer shows rolling angle and vehicle pitch for off-roading.
- Support for OBD-II diagnostics.
DashCommand also contains a sophisticated trip computer that maintains stats for up to 5 trips.
- distance travelled
- fuel consumed
- avg fuel economy
- fuel cost
- elapsed time
- drive time
- average carbon dioxide emission rate
- total carbon dioxide emission
- start date & time
- number of fillups
- avg fuel flow rate
- avg driving speed
- avg trip speed
- avg boost/vacuum
- avg engine speed
- max acceleration
- max engine power and torque at wheels - number of stops
- max fuel flow rate
- max speed
- idle time
- max boost/vacuum
- max engine speed
- max braking acceleration
- max engine torque
Sample Dashcommand Screen
- Read and clear diagnostic trouble codes
- IM Readiness status
Below is the information provided by the scanner & software.
- engine speed
- corrected vehicle speed
- open/closed loop
- boost/vacuum combo gauge
- acceleration (and braking)
Fuel economy gauges:
- inst. fuel economy
- avg fuel economy
- avg fuel economy over 3 time periods
- distance to empty
- time to empty
- fuel level %
- fuel remaining in tank
- fuel flow rate gauge
- timing (spark advance)
- engine coolant temp.
- intake air temp.
- ambient air temp.
- manifold absolute pressure
- mass air flow
- fuel trims, short and long term
- percent engine load
- catalyst temp.
- fuel pressure
- lambda gauge
- air/fuel ratio